Sunday, September 27, 2009

We're Not Alone

The point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in Heaven, and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by man
Hebrews 8:1-2

I don't know about you, but there are times in my Christian life when I feel all alone. As I read this passage I am reminded that I have a great High Priest who is sitting at the right hand of God interceding for me on a daily basis. Many times when God fills distant, it's not because He has left me but because I have often neglected my time with Him. As we start a new week, if you are feeling like God is a million miles away, remember that "He entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence." (Hebrews 9:24) So I would encourage you to set aside a little extra time this week to thank Christ for His sacrifice and to strengthen your connection with Him.

Father, I thank you for your love and mercy. I want to praise you for your mighty works. God, help me to remember that I am not alone, that I have a great High Priest interceding for me on a daily basis. Help me to make more time connecting with you this week.

Your Servant
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment