Thursday, September 17, 2009

In His Strong Hand

"Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted." Hebrews 2:18

Jesus has been where you are today. He has faced what you are facing. He knows what it is to struggle with the overwhelming temptation to sin. Yet unlike us He never gave in and so He is uniquely qualified to help us in our struggle.

He can help us not only because He can identify with us but more so because He alone has the strength to withstand. Never say "Its no use I'll never overcome that temptation." Say as the apostle Paul, "I can do everything through him who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13). Then prayerfully commit yourself into His strong care.

Lord Jesus, You have been where I am and you overcame. Help me now to live in Your overcoming power.

I'm praying for you.
Pastor Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment