Sunday, September 13, 2009

Just Say No

“It (the grace of God) teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,” - Titus 2:12


After spending the summer studying Galatians and focused on God’s grace this verse spoke very loudly to me. Grace has an end. I don’t mean a limit. I mean that grace has a goal, a purpose. God’s grace was designed to lead us to live holy lives. Not only are we justified (made right with God) by grace, but we are also sanctified (made clean) by grace. Grace helps us to not do the things that we should not do – participate in ungodliness and worldly passions. It also helps us to do the things that we should do – live self-controlled, upright and godly lives.


Father, I need more of your grace. Please, teach me to say "NO" to the temptations of ungodliness, and forgive me for the times when I sin. I want to live a life fully surrendered to your purposes.


In Need of His Grace,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment