Monday, September 21, 2009

Scripture Interpretation

"For the word of God is living and active. sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

We may view Bible Study as me interpreting the Scripture to discover its meaning. This is a valid and necessary endeavor. But this verse seems to say that Scripture interprets me as I read it. The Scripture looks into our life, searching us, revealing thoughts and attitudes that may be hidden to men but are clear to God (see v.13). The Scripture shows us who we are and then invites and helps us to become who God has saved us to be in Christ.

Father, I thank you for your powerful Word that searches me and leads me in the path of life. Help me to hold my life before Scripture and receive Your work in my life through it.

I'm praying for you.
Pastor Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment