Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Are you Perfect?

"...because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy." Hebrews 10:14

The death of Jesus on the cross is all-sufficient! There is nothing else needed to secure our salvation or to provide for the continued forgiveness of our sin.

By his sacrifice we are "made perfect forever." We stand in a right relationship with God because we stand in Christ covered by His sacrifice.

By his sacrifice we are "being made holy." We are perfect before God through Christ but we are still becoming holy in our daily experience through the transforming power of Christ in our lives. What we are in standing (perfect) we are becoming in practice (holy). How amazing is the blood of Jesus!

Father, I rejoice in the perfect standing that you have given me before You in Your perfect Son Jesus. I pray that what I am in Christ before You will more and more be expressed in my life each day before people.

I'm praying for you.
Pastor Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment