Monday, December 21, 2009

PASSIONATE PATIENCE

This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus. Revelation 14:12

It’s a stealth verse. Tucked into a passage which tells about the eternal torment to be experienced by the enemies of God is a quiet reminder for God’s people to persevere. And since I often come up short in the endurance department . . . well, let’s just say this verse reached out and got my attention.

THE MESSAGE takes a more positive approach to this verse: Meanwhile, the saints stand passionately patient, keeping God's commands, staying faithful to Jesus. I like the idea of being “passionately patient;” it’s a proactive type of endurance, more like perseverance. Here is a call to continue in obedience and faithfulness to God, recognizing that the process can be a great struggle at times.

Father, help me to experience this passionate patience today. I want to obey You and remain faithful to Christ in all I think, say, and do.

With you, following Him,
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment