Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What's Your Response

"You are not one of his disciples, are you? the girl at the door asked Peter. He replied, "I am not." John 18:17

As Simon Peter stood warming himself, he was asked, "You are not one of his disciples, are you?" He denied it saying, "I am not." John 18:25

One of the high priest's servants, a relative of the man whose ear Peter had cut off, challenged him, "Didn't I see you with him in the olive grove?" Again Peter denied it, and at that moment a rooster began to crow. John 18:26

As predicted by Christ, Peter denied Him three times and the rooster crowed and Peter went off into seclusion. When you are asked outside of the church if you have a relationship with Christ how do you respond? We just recently finished up a great crosswalk series called "Just walk across the room" where we learned how to tell others about Christ. Whether you are at work, school, shopping, or getting gas, if someone ask you if you have a relationship with Christ, what is your response?

Father, thank you for loving me and having a relationship with me. I pray that when I am asked about you that I will be bold and tell others about your amazing gift and ultimate sacrifice for me. Help me to respond in such a way that it honor's You!

Your Servant
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment