Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sent Living

John 7

16Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me.

18 ... but he who works for the honor of the one who sent him is a man of truth

28 … I am not here on my own, but he who sent me is true. You do not know him, 29but I know him because I am from him and he sent me."

33 Jesus said, "I am with you for only a short time, and then I go to the one who sent me.


Jesus understood that he had been sent by his Father. This understanding enabled him to remain focused on his mission and confident in the face of opposition and danger. Jesus was surrendered to the mission God gave him. We too have been sent by God (Matthew 28:18-20). Our mission is to carry the message of reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:18-20). Are you living as though you’ve been sent by God?


Father, I know that you have sent me on mission for you and I commit myself to live for your purposes.


Praying for you,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment