Thursday, November 12, 2009

His Presence Always

"But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you." John 16:7

How could it possibly be best for Jesus to go away and leave His disciples without His bodily presence on earth? It is better because from His throne in heaven Jesus has poured out His Spirit to be with and to dwell in His followers. In His earthly body Jesus' presence was limited but through the Spirit His presence is without limit. Therefore He could later promise, "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age" (Matthew 28:20).

Jesus' presence with us is no less real than it was with the original disciples. In fact Jesus' presence with us is better than it was with the original disciples. He Himself said, "It is for you good..." We have the incredible privilege of His unlimited, unfailing presence with us each day through the Holy Spirit. Are you realizing the joy of His presence by walking in close fellowship with Him? Claim His presence today and draw near Him.

Father, I thank you that You sent Your Son Jesus to save me from sin and I think You that You sent Your Holy Spirit to be Jesus' presence with me today and always. I receive the presence of the Holy Spirit today and joyfully walk with Jesus.

I'm praying for you.
Pastor Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment