Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thank God for the Victory

"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

Happy Thanksgiving! In the midst of counting our blessings today we are still aware of our struggles. Struggle is a good way to describe the Christian life. We are locked in a struggle between the flesh and the Spirit, between the world and the Word, between the devil and the Lord. At times it is overwhelming and victory seems elusive.
But fear not for victory is certain! Christ has already won the victory! The outcome of our struggle is not in doubt. "We are more than conquerors through Him who loved us" (Romans 8:37). While we continue down here in the struggle, He has given us His Spirit to enable us to walk in the victory He has won. So give thanks today that "the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."
Father, I thank you for the victory you have given me through Christ and for the Spirit who lives in me to enable me to walk in the victory today. Help me to be a "more than conqueror" through Him.
I'm praying for you.
Pastor Mark

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Pastor Mark, Yes, the struggle continues and I also thank God for his mercy and compassion on us. IN Nehemiah 9:!-36 The Levi priest confessed for the Isralites their sin against God and how each time:You were patient with them through your prophets, but they would not listen, Therefore, you handed them over to the surrounding peoples,. However, in your abundant compassion, you did not destroy them or abandon them, for you are a gracious and compassionate God." I am so thankful for the character of my awe-inspiring God. Happy Thanksgiving Francie

    ReplyDelete