Monday, November 2, 2009

Real Discipleship

"To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, 'If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.'" John 8:31

Real discipleship consists of living in the teaching of Jesus. The Greek word translated "hold to" by the NIV is the same word used in John 15:5 and translated "remain" or "abide." It means to make yourself at home and continue in something. Discipleship is not launching out on our own agenda with a prayer and hope for God's blessing. Discipleship is listening to Jesus' word and making our home in it. Discipleship is not merely believing Jesus' word. It is submitting to Jesus' word. Are you living as a disciple of Jesus today?

Lord, examine me and show me the true condition of my discipleship. Help me to become an attentive listener to Your voice and a faithful doer of Your word that I might be a real disciple of Yours.

I'm praying for you.
Pastor Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment