Monday, November 23, 2009

"Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him." 1 John 2:15

We can love the Father or the world but not both. These are competing loves and only one of them can ultimately possess our heart. The world is contrary to the Father and His ways. If we would love the Father we must relinquish love for the things of this sinful world. If our heart is filled with the desires of the world and our life is occupied by the pursuit of them, we will not be able to truly love the Father. Two competing loves compel us to choose which one we will give our heart and life.

Father, I choose you. I want to be a lover of you yet You know how very alluring and subtle is the world's pull on my heart. Help me to relinquish every vestige of love for the world so that I may love you exclusively and fully.

I'm praying for you.
Pastor Mark

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Pastor Mark, Thank you for your faithfulness in serving this body of Christ. I thank God for a leader who is willing to share his weaknesses and lead us to the one who can strengthen all of us to live a fully and holy life devoted to the Honor of God. I pray also that I will grow more in love with Christ as the things of this earth grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace. In Christ love Francie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Francie. May we all grow so in love with Christ that the things of this world grow strangely dim.

    Pastor Mark

    ReplyDelete