Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Peace

"On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, 'Peace be with you!'" John 20:19

The disciples were understandably afraid. Jesus was crucified, his body was missing (so they thought), and they could be next on the Jews hit list. But then the risen Lord Jesus came into the room infusing peace into the situation and into their lives. When Jesus' shows up everything changes. And Jesus always shows up (the truth is He never leaves). What fears do you have today? What difficulties are you dealing with? Embrace the presence of the risen Lord Jesus and receive the peace He gives. Claim the promise which David understood from the other side of the cross, "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me" (Psalm 23:4).

Lord Jesus, You are risen indeed and You are present with me. Help to embrace Your presence today and walk in Your peace with You.

I'm praying for you.
Pastor Mark

1 comment: