Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Great Exchange

16 Finally Pilate handed him over to them to be crucified. So the soldiers took charge of Jesus. 17 Carrying his own cross, he went out to the place of the Skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgotha). 18 There they crucified him, and with him two others—one on each side and Jesus in the middle. - John 19:16-18

It's incomprehensible. God, the holy one who created the heavens and the earth, sent his Son to die for us. What's even more astounding is that, Jesus died on a cross. Crucifixion was an excruciatingly painful and humiliating way to die. Can you imagine the Son of God hanging there next to criminals?

Isaiah 53:6 says that, "We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all."

And 2 Corinthians 5:21 says that, "God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."

Jesus suffered and died in our place. We deserve the cross, but Christ took the punishment for our sins so that we could be reconciled to God.

Father, I can not even comprehend your love for me. I can't imagine what Christ suffered through for me. But I am truly grateful that you made it possible for me to know you. In response to your love for me I give myself to to you. Lead me today.

By His grace,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment