Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nothing to Fear

Do not let your hearts be troubled. - John 14:1
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. - John 14:27

The disciples were facing tremendous uncertainty. Their leader, Jesus, was about to be crucified. Their faith would be put to the test. Jesus wanted them to know his peace. He wanted them to be confident in who he was and what they had learned from him. He also told them about the Holy Spirit whom he would send after he was gone.

Like the disciples, there are times that we need to be reassured - times when our faith is tested and our hearts could be troubled. But again, like the disciples, we have the Holy Spirit. And the Holy Spirit is no consolation prize. He is God and He lives in us. He is our advocate. And because of the Spirit we can face uncertainty with peace and confidence.

Father, thank you for not abandoning me. I thank you for the peace and confidence that you provide me by your Spirit. Lead me to walk in step with the Spirit.

By His grace,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment