Wednesday, November 10, 2010

At Home in Christ

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I remain in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5 NIV

The NET Bible offers the word "reside" as an alternate translation for "remain." "Reside" seems to really drive home Jesus' intended meaning. He wants us to be at home in and with Him day by day. The more established our residence becomes in Him the more we will experience His life in us. The more we experience His life in us the more we will see His fruit produced through us. Fruit is not determined by how hard you work but by how much at home you are in relationship with Christ. Work with Him not just for Him. Settle in, put down roots, enjoy His presence daily, keep in step with His leadership and the fruit will follow.

Lord Jesus, I thank you for residing in me through Your Spirit. Teach me to more and more make my daily residence in You.

I'm praying for you.
Pastor Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment