Sunday, October 4, 2009

Satisfied?

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'" Hebrews 13:5


"Be content with what you have" which is God Himself. A preoccupation with material things robs us of the enjoyment of the spiritual treasure that is already ours--the ever present, never failing God.


Money and the things it buys is a god that requires our constant service but rarely truly satisfies. But God has already given us Himself and "every spiritual blessing in Christ" (Ephesians 1:3). He will not fail to satisfy when we learn to find our contentment in Him.


Father, forgive the preoccupation with material things that sometimes marks my life and which keeps me from the contentment in You that could be mine. May my soul be satisfied in You who alone satisfies.


I'm praying for you.
Pastor Mark

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Pastor Mark,

    For a long time money was my god.It was the only thing that mattered.Every waking moment was focused on how to make more.During this time it always a struggle to satisfy.There was never enough.But since committing my life to GOD,money has no bearing on my descisions and I am more than satisfied.I now give away as much as I keep(it is strange to even see myself write about that much less doing it).But you know I think that GOD really has a sense of humor in that while HE changed my focus from money to
    HIM,HE has blessed me with more abundance this year than ever before.

    Holy Father,You are an awesome and mighty GOD.All glory and honor to You.I pray that YOU continue to be the focus of my life and not the things of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great testimony. Thanks for sharing it. When we get our eyes on Jesus it sure changes our perspective on things below.

    Pastor Mark

    ReplyDelete