Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ministers of Reconciliation

remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins. - James 5:20

Yesterday as we focused on our Connection to the World we learned from 1 Corinthians 5:17-21 that we have been given the ministry of reconciliation, and that God makes his appeal through us.

This verse from James illustrates that truth even further. There are people all around us who are in sin and facing death. These people need to be reconciled to God, and God has called us to be his ambassadors to these people.


Father, I know that it is an honor to represent you, The Most High King, and yet I confess, that often times I am fearful and timid when it comes to sharing the gospel with others. I ask that you would burden my heart for the lost and give me a love that would compel me to share Christ with them.

Humbled by grace,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment