Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Make Me a Blessing

"Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing." 1 Peter 3:9

Our natural inclination is to repay evil with evil and insult with insult. Our sinful nature likes to get even. But the inclination of the life of Jesus in us is to repay evil and insult with blessing (cf. 1 Peter 2:23).

As they crucified Jesus, He prayed for their forgiveness. And so he charges us, "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you" (Luke 6:27-28). Our inheritance is a blessing in Christ and therefore we are to "dish out" blessing to those who are around us without regard to how they may treat us.

Father, "Make me a blessing, Out of my life may Jesus shine; Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray, Make me a blessing to someone today." (from "Make Me a Blessing" by Ira B. Wilson)

I'm praying for you.
Pastor Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment