Monday, October 26, 2009

More of Jesus

"He must become greater; I must become less." John 3:30

These are the words of John the Baptist. His assignment from God was to prepare people to welcome Jesus. Once Jesus was on the scene, John's role was to fade away and give center stage to Jesus.

Don't we all share John the Baptist's assignment? Every Christian has the opportunity and calling to prepare the way for Jesus into the lives of people. There are people around us to whom we can serve as John the Baptist. We may not have the same fire and peculiarities as John but we can be a voice that points people to Jesus. Our aim is to always be that Jesus will take center stage and at that point that we we'll gladly move to the side.

Father, help me to see the people around me today whose lives you desire to enter. Use me as a "John the Baptist" to them.

I'm praying for you.
Mark

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Pastor Mark,
    I believe that these difficult days ahead has and is giving us an opportunity to lead people to the cross. Many people are bewildered and frightened. I pray that we as christians will feel compelled and excited about this opportunity to possibly see many come to Jesus Christ and eternity with their loving Heavenly Father. Love in Christ Francie

    ReplyDelete