Monday, December 13, 2010

Repentance

"The rest of mankind that were not killed by the plagues still did not repent..." Revelation 9:20

Repentance is the choice between death and life. In the end times some when presented with the opportunity to repent of sin and turn to God will choose death rather than life, judgement rather than salvation. The hardness of a human heart filled with pride and rebellion toward God is baffling. They are so blinded by sin that they will not see that true life is found in turning to God alone.

Enough about them. What about us? We repented in the past and are assured that we have life in Christ but what is the current condition of our heart toward God? Are you humble and responsive to God and His Word? Or is there some point at which you have become resistant and rebellious?

Father, it is easy for me to see and condemn the harness in others but not so easy to see it in my own life. Search me and bring to light any point of resistance toward Your word and work in my life. Lead me to repentance and life.

I'm praying for you.
Pastor Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment