Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Does Your God Celebrate?

"'Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate." Luke 15:23-24

By the three parables in Luke 15, Jesus answered the Pharisees' complaint about His welcoming sinners by painting a picture of God as One who celebrates. Religious people tend to picture God as stern and demanding both toward themselves and others. Therefore they have little tolerance of sinners. But Jesus ate and drank with sinners and rejoiced in their coming to Him because Jesus' God celebrates when a sinner repents and comes to new life. How do I view God and how does that affect my attitude toward others? If I see God as one who celebrates the repentance of a sinner then I will welcome sinners and seek their repentance along with Him.

Father, I thank You that You celebrate and rejoice! Grow your heart for sinners in me that I may welcome them, seek their repentance, and rejoice with You.

I'm praying for you.
Pastor Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment