Thursday, January 13, 2011

PEACE

“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.” Matthew 10:34

We’re only three weeks out from Christmas—a season replete with songs, cards, yard décor, and much more, proclaiming “peace on earth” or “Prince of peace.” Well, that was a short-lived peace!

Forgive me, I could not pass up the opportunity to toy around with a play on words. And I do realize that Jesus is laying out the plain truth for those who acknowledge Him: believers live in a world that is hostile to Christ.

But Jesus really did come to do battle, waging a war again Satan to secure redemption for you and me. The point is that He was completely victorious! And because Christ has defeated sin and death, we can have peace with God.

So, you may need to make adjustments to your mental image of Christ. You may also need to see yourself in a different light. You are a warrior.

Father, give me courage in the fight.

Grace to you, Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment